Pen Type-B is a super minimal everyday pen. It is the pocket friendly sibling of Pen Type-A, engineered to last generations.
- Pen Type-B is precision machined out of solid metal.
- The body of the pen is made out of stainless steel and the sleeve is made out of polished brass.
- The ultra-high machining tolerances between the pen and sleeve create a piston-like effect. The pen falls slowly into its sleeve and makes a nice popping sound when you pull it out quickly.
- Pen Type-B has no visible logo.
- The rounded polished brass sleeve is gentle on your hands and pockets.
- The brass is purposely uncoated, so that it picks up your unique patina over time.
The brass sleeve purposely doesn't have a coating, so your Pen Type-B can develop its own unique patina over time as you handle your pen.
Pen Type-B is precision machined magic that fits in your pocket.
Pen Type-B embodies the material properties and sensation of machined metal that we don’t normally get to handle every day. Every time you take it out of your pocket, you get a little piece of that magic.
Custom engraving now available.
Order Pen Type-B with a custom diamond tip engraving on the flat surface of the pen sleeve. Please allow up to 1 business day for us to engrave and ship your pen.
MADE IN THE USA
Pen Type-B (along with all of our other pens) are manufactured at a multi-generation machine shop in Vermont. A lot of care and effort goes into making these pens. From the numerous highly specialized CNC machines and tooling required to make the parts, to the assembly and finishing steps. Each pen is inspected before it goes out, and if there is ever a manufacturing defect we will happily take it back to repair or replace.
- Pen Diameter: 9.8mm
- Pen Length: 125mm
- Sleeve Weight: 74 grams (2.6 oz)
- Sleeve Length: 120mm
- Sleeve Width: 10mm
- Weight: 50 grams (1.75 oz)
- Material: 300, 400 series and cold worked Stainless Steel, Brass.
Pen Type-B ships with a 0.3mm Black Hi-Tec-C Ink Cartridge.
To replace the ink cartridge, simply unscrew the back of the pen with a coin.
The cartridge in this pen is a Black Pilot Hi-Tec-C 0.3mm cartridge. They are available in 4 line widths and over 30 colors (bit.ly/hiteccjp). Hi-Tec-C cartridges are widely available in stationery stores in Asia.
Hi-Tec-C cartridges are sold in America under the name G-Tec-C and are available in many stationery stores in 5 colors and 4 tip widths.
SPECIAL THANKS : A KICKSTARTER STORY
PEN TYPE-B was made possible by the support of many amazing, generous superstar supporters of our work on Kickstarter. Our campaign to launch Pen Type-B was successfully crowd-funded on November 8, 2015.
We could not do what we do without you believing in the work that we do.